- Drain oil and fuel from lawn mower and other machinery. Discard any partially used cans of paint, thinner, oil or other substances that might leak.
- All refillable tanks must be purged and sealed by a local propane gas dealer. Discard of non-refillable tanks.
- Clean your rugs and draperies with your local cleaners. Leave the rugs and draperies wrapped when they are returned from the cleaners.
- Avoid refinishing your furniture before your move. Some products may soften the wood, making it vulnerable to imprinting from furniture pads. Obtain a written appraisal of antiques to verify the value.
- Think twice before dismantling your outside satellite dish; a new one may cost less than moving the present one.
- If you’ll move items such as hot tubs, large screen TV’s and some exercise equipment you will need third-party service before your move. Please consult with the moving company agent about third party servicing.
It is important that you understand which items you can ship or cannot be ship. Read this section before doing your own packing and loading it to the moving van. There are rules and regulations that govern all movers to ensure safety.